Wheezing Cough Treatment: In this video, I am going to share with you Wheezing Cough Treatment at Home – Home Remedies for Cough Wheezing. Subscribe to our channel for more videos.
Wheezing Cough Treatment at Home
Wheezing, a high-pitched whistling sound is produced when you breathe through narrowed or obstructed respiratory airways. This sound is heard clearly when you exhale.
Due to the obstructed airways, breathing can become difficult and you can also have a feeling of tightness in the chest.
For quick relief from wheezing, nothing works faster than steam inhalation.
Steam inhalation is an excellent remedy because it reduces obstruction in the airways by helping you get rid of thick phlegm and mucus
1. Fill a large bowl with boiling water.
2. Add a few drops of any essential oil of your choice (for instance, peppermint or eucalyptus oil).
3. As you lean over the bowl, drape a towel over your head to trap the steam.
4. Inhale the steam through your nose and mouth for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Repeat as needed.
2. Warm Shower
Just like steam, taking a warm shower can make your breathing more comfortable and stop the wheezing.
The warmth of a warm shower relaxes tense airways and the moisture thins the mucus clogging them.
1. Run a warm shower with the bathroom door closed to create a sauna-like atmosphere.
2. Stand in the shower for 5 to 10 minutes, keeping the door closed.
3. Do it 2 or 3 times a day.
You can also apply a warm compress to the nose and throat keep the nasal passages open and clear of obstruction.
3. Warm Fluids
No matter what, it is important to keep your body hydrated. When it comes to wheezing, drinking warm fluids will hydrate your body as well as soothe stressed airways to help you breathe without difficulty.
Warm fluids can also loosen up sticky mucus in your throat and airways.
* Drinking warm water with a little bit of lemon juice is the best option.
* Drinking herbal teas, such as ginger, chamomile or licorice root tea, will also help.
* Having hot soup is another good choice. Stick with broth-based soups and avoid creamy soups.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another popular home treatment is apple cider vinegar. However, it is important to use good quality organic apple cider vinegar with the ‘mother’ to get the best results.
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey to it and mix thoroughly.
3.Drink this tonic twice daily.
Ginger is one of the best home treatments for wheezing. It has anti-inflammatory properties that aid in inhibiting contraction and easing inflammation in the airways. It also works as a muscle relaxant to ease chest tightness.
* Drink 2 to 3 cups of warm ginger tea daily. To make the tea, add 1 tablespoon of ginger slices to a cup of boiling water. Cover and steep for 10 minutes, then strain it. Drink the tea while it is still warm.
Thanks for watching wheezing cough treatment at home – home remedies for a cough wheezing video and don’t forget to like, comment and share.