As can be seen by its inclusion in all our other holistic treatment articles Ginger is one of nature’s superfoods. It is a well-known treatment for a huge array of ailments including asthma.
Through studies researchers have discovered that adding ginger to the diet helps reduce airway inflammation and actively inhibits airway contraction.
Ginger, unless you are allergic to it, is completely safe to take with any medication and research as shown that it may in fact enhance the muscle relaxant effects of prescribed asthma medication.
5 suggested ways to incorporate ginger into your programme.
1. Always use fresh ginger root. Combine equal amounts of ginger juice, pomegranate juice and honey and take 1 tablespoon 2-3 times per day.
2. If you are unable to source fresh ginger the powdered variety can be substituted in this remedy. Add 1.5 tablespoons of ground ginger to 2 cups of hot, not boiling water. Take 1 tablespoon of this mix (warm or cold) before bed each evening.
3. Chop one inch of unpeeled, fresh ginger stem into small pieces. Add this to a large mug of boiling water. Let it steep for 5-7 minutes. Remove the ginger and allow the mix to cool slightly and drink as a refreshing yet healthy ginger tea.
4. Clear congestion and any toxins from your lungs by preparing a ginger and fenugreek solution. In a covered saucepan boil 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in one cup of water for around 10 minutes. You may need to top up the water level as you want to be left with 1 cup of liquid. Once removed from the heat add one teaspoon of ginger juice and one teaspoon of honey. Drink this solution every morning and evening.
5. Extremely effective but only for the hardy! Chop a one inch piece of fresh ginger root into thin slices. Mix the ginger slices with any ginger juice lost during chopping and add 1/8 -1/4 tsp of salt. Leave for at least 5 minutes. Eat! (ensure you check about adding this sodium to your diet – if approved this mixture is excellent at reducing airway construction and as a muscle relaxant and aiding you to treat asthma naturally)
This is an excellent remedy as a preventative and also if you, or someone you know is having an asthma attack, due to mustard oil being a proven aide in clearing the respiratory passages and restoring normal breathing.
Make this remedy in advance and keep in an airtight bottle or jar for when needed. While it cannot cure asthma naturally it can be used as a preventative. Use as detailed below, applying 1-2 times daily:
1. Source some natural and preferably organic mustard oil. Heat 2 tablespoons of mustard oil with a little camphor (2-3 tablespoons) – TIP: if you can’t get camphor substitute with Vicks Vaporub or simple Vasoline.
2. Transfer to a small bowl and when comfortably warm, gently rub into the chest and upper back area – even better have someone massage the substance into these areas enabling you to focus on relaxing.
Note: If used as an aide during attack make sure you follow the above steps several times a day until full relief is noted.
Figs are relatively unknown as a holistic health ingredient however researchers have proven that the nutritional properties contained within figs promote the body’s respiratory health by assisting to drain phlegm and alleviate breathing difficulties. The beauty with this treatment is the ability to use dried figs rather than needing to source fresh.
1. Wash three dried figs and add to a cup of warm, not boiling, water. Leave to soak overnight.
2. When you wake and before your normal breakfast, eat the soaked figs and drink the fig water. It is important to do this on an empty stomach. Wait 10-15 minutes before eating breakfast. As well as aiding Asthma this remedy is an awesome addition to maintain good digestion and regularity of bowel movement.
3. If possible build this treatment into your daily routine.
At healthynatured we are committed to offering you only the best, most effective and proven to work home remedies and treatments.
Enjoy many other natural remedies on our Youtube channel – Healthy Natured:
Subscribe to our channel and get more great tips:
You can find other great natural health and home remedies at our website – Healthy Natured
Visit HealthyNatured Socially and get great Karma!
Tweets by holistic_jb